Pride and Glory
Wood, parquet, plasterboard, neon tubes, acryl glass, telescopic props, cable
340 x 340 x 450 cm
Wood, plasterboard, car jack, neon tubes
340 x 340 x 290 cm
The installation consists of two parts arranged physically separated, while creating a mindful symbiosis. The double room situation transforms from a whole - a room where its walls were horizontally cut below the ceiling and above the flooring. Car jacks and telescopic props function as support of a provisional illusion. The narrative of a museum-like room opens: an exhibition space, a shelter, a room for thoughts, a containment and exclusion; attractive and repulsive.
The walkable installation is a stage for the observer and a concentration of the construction of its environment.
As regards to content “Pride and Glory” refers to the surrounding architecture and both inscribed utilizations. Established in 1884 as a cotton spinning mill, the space is nowadays used for exhibitions.
Part 2 Installation views, Werkschau Halle 12 Spinnerei Leipzig